Monday, November 12, 2012

Last week I went to Normandy on a field trip. We looked at sights that were connected to the Norman Conquest.
Abbey au Dames where Matilda (William the Conqueror's wife is burried).
Abbey au Dames
Jumiege (a ruined abbey/monastery)
Jumiege
Jumiege
Jumiege
Jumiege is located in the beautiful Normandy countryside.
Mont St. Michel - the inspiration for Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings. Also the castle in Tangled.
Mont St. Michel with Janel and Abby
The cathedral on the top of Mont St. Michel
 
Walking the narrow streets of Mont St. Michel is a cross between Diagon Alley and Fantasyland.
The garden in the monastery. There are still monks and nuns there today.
Everyone should visit at least once. One of the most amazing places I've ever been.
After the Normandy trip I finally got to the Temple with my ward. I know it's called the London Temple, but it's not in London it's in Surrey which is a good hour and a half away.
Hooray for Autumn colors. Part of the Temple grounds.
The Temple some of the best landscaping I've ever seen.













No comments:

Post a Comment